Polk County, Lakeland Rat Control Situation:
I'm having trouble with a rat(s?) that is constantly chewing through the wires under my hood. The car is parked outside. After the last two times, my mechanic sprayed some red stuff over everything and that has provided me with some temporary relief. I have some traps w/ poison set around now, but I still need to protect my car in the meantime. What can I do? What is the "hot spray" that you refer to on your website? I will be moving and I've been told by the homeowner of the new home that he has seen rats in the garage... I also found mouse traps under the sink... We will be replacing the carpet before moving and at that time we will try to seal any holes. He said they were kangaroo or desert rats... I'm terrified as I have a phobia about this, I need advice on how to permanently get rid of any rodents in my new home. I've used moth balls and sonar devices, I've never seen rodents were I live, we also put poison in between the walls. Is this okay? Please help!
David, My son-in-law and daughter has for the last month trying to catch a rat in their attic. This is a very smart rat, we do not want to poison the rat for we do not want it to die in the attic. We are at whits end trying to catch this rat. We have tried glue trap, electronic trap, bucket of water trap, home defense trap, wooden mouse and rat trap. He is so smart he knows how to side step all the traps.Some one has seen the rat, it is a small size rat, He roams through the garage and attic. and he chews on card boxes and eats whatever food he finds.We wonder if you can help us catch this rat, with your expertise. He or she is a nuisance and we may have more rats, if it is a she. We sincerely thank you if you can help us or try to help us. Gratefully yours, May
Lakeland Rat Control Tip of The Week
Why Using Poison Causes Dead Rats In The House
Using poison can be quite risky as you could put your pets as well as young children at risk. If you're laying down rat poison throughout your home, it's possible that it could easily become targeted by toddlers who might be attracted to the small size and colors. Your pets could also be taking an unplanned trip to the hospital if they happen to ingest any of the rat poison as well.
It's Harmful To The Environment:
Using rat poison not only causes dead rats in the house but it's also harmful to the environment. You could end up with a predator in your home that's scavenging off of the dead rats, it could kill off some of the plant life in your area and it can lead to the chance that you might end up with other animals falling victim to the rat poison as well. Many homeowners have woken up to find a bobcat, fox, or coyote killed in their backyard from ingesting a rat that ate poison or from ingesting the poison themselves.
It Also Doesn't Solve The Problem:
Rats are finicky creatures and you might end up with just a few of them dead in the house before they communicate with one another and begin to avoid the areas where you place down poison and traps. Rather than facing ongoing difficulty with poisons and not getting all of the rats out of your home, choosing a different method could be a wise choice for making improvements for the future.
It's Often Time-consuming:
You might end up having to change out the poison or change your trap location on a regular basis just to capture a few rats. This can often be more time-consuming for you and your family.